Exactly where we were




First and foremost, I would like to congratulate Sacramento. They did what we couldn't do up here, which makes sense. While the common theme of relocation is present in this tale of two teams, the details of them are a smidge different. Either way, here we are again, exactly where we were. No team and no idea if and when another one is coming. It would be nice to hope for one, but I feel it would only end in a manner similar to this. When I had heard a couple of billionaires had planes to bring back the Sonics, I approached it with cautious optimism. I didn't want to get to invested in this whole situation, knowing it could end the way it did.  And yet here I am; crestfallen is a good way to put my feelings right now. The more I heard about prospective arena deals and team valuations, the more excited I got. The more I believed that having the Sonics back in town was a possibility. The city of Seattle has Chris Hansen to thank for that. I expect an open letter to all the fans saying that this is not the end for the quest for the New Supersonics, and I appreciate his effort. I hope he finds a way to make his dream a reality, cause it feels like I shouldn't even dream about the possibility of the Sonics coming back anytime soon. Corny sentiments aside, I can't think of a way that Seattle can gain a team anytime soon. David Stern has repeatedly stated that expansion is not on the table and the prospect of buying and moving a team seems equally off the table. It sucks really. I know I have bigger things to worry about right now, college graduation and job hunting and all, but man was I invested in this. A lot more than I initially thought. But here we are, exactly where we were before, wanting a team  in the fastest way possible. But you can't stay in the same place forever, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The League's Most Interesting Team

FREE AGENCY BLOWOUT 2013 PART 1: THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE

NBA Pool Players