Bandwagon Jumping

So I've been thinking about all the players I irrationally like and have decided to write about who I'm really going to buy into for the 2014 season right around the corner. Being the responsible, frugal person that I'am I will be looking for the most "bang for my buck" players. That means I will be looking at relatively under the radar players that I think will be decent to very good players. So basically I'm jumping on multiple bandwagons. Let the Wagon jumping commence!

So I am all in on the Frenchman Evan Fournier. Coming straight out of Saint-Maurice, Fournier sports a skill set that I'm particularly fond of. He has the groundwork for everything you want in an off-guard, ball-handling, shooting, passing, and great size at 6'7. Playing for the arguably the deepest team in the league, Fournier was only afforded about 11 minutes per game, but man did he put those minutes to use. While he was a little turnover prone, he shot the ball extremely well posting a true shooting percentage of 57%. While this is the smallest of samples, I firmly believe that with extra minutes we could see a jump in his per game numbers. And that is exactly what Fournier will get with the departure of Andre Iguodala and the weak competition at the 2 for the Nuggets.


The Pistons have had a interesting offseason to say the least. Even with the acquisition of Brandon Jennings I'm not sure they have enough shooting to open up the floor like they will need to. Regardless, I am fully on the Greg Monroe bandwagon. His game reminds me a lot of Pau Gasol, a big in the truest sense of the word. He can play the 4/5 and has a polished post game that players his age usually don't have. I remember watching him play in this years inter-squad USA scrimmage and being absolutely giddy watching him in the post. The specific play was where Monroe got his shot blocked, regained the ball, and put a quick post move on his man for the bucket. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. Combine those post moves with above average passing and decent mid-range shooting and you have a big of the future in Monroe. I hope his already growing wagon has enough for one more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The League's Most Interesting Team

FREE AGENCY BLOWOUT 2013 PART 1: THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE

NBA Pool Players